The Department of African and African American Studies supports people of all gender identities and sexual orientations. We have compiled a list of resources for LGBTQ students on campus and in the city of Columbus:
Single-Stall/Gender Neutral Bathrooms on Campus
Full List of Single-Stall Bathrooms on Campus [xlsx]*
LGBTQ Health and Support
List of LGBTQ-Centered/Safe Space Student Organizations on Campus
For a list of student-centered support groups, leadership development opportunities, and visability/awareness events, please visit the Student Life Multicultural Center website or LGBTQ Life at Ohio State website.
Name-Changing Processes for The Ohio State University
Queer-Friendly Spaces and Support in Columbus
- MINT Art Gallery: A downtown art space with queer-friendly dance parties and events.
- Queer Girl City Guide- Columbus, OH: A comprehensive guide to Columbus's gay and queer spots, including restaurants, dancing and other activities!
- Queer Behavior: A network dedicated to uniting Columbus' queer community through interacting with and organizing within the queer community; promoting queer community events, issues, and news; and organizing events, education and outreach for thr community and Central Ohio. While all inclusive, Queer Behavior is, at its core, a network for self-identified queer peoples. All events created or sponsored by Queer Behavior are dedicated Safe(r) Spaces.
- Equality Ohio: A non-profit organization that advocates and educates to achieve fair treatment and equal opportunity for all Ohioans regardless of their sexual orientation or gender identity or expression.
- TransOhio: An organization that serves the Ohio transgender and ally communities by providing services, education, support, and advocacy, which promotes and improves the health, safety, and life experience of the Ohio transgender individual and community.
If you feel other local resources should be added to the list, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
*This list was compiled from the ADA Single Stall Restroom Survey conducted by the Multicultural Center in 2016. To view the full list of academic buildings surveyed, or to access their survey of student life buildings, please visit the Multicultural Center's LGBTQ Initiative page to view the files.
[pdf] - Some links on this page are to .pdf files. If you need these files in a more accessible format, please contact email@example.com PDF files require the use of Adobe Acrobat Reader software to open them. If you do not have Reader, you may use the following link to Adobe to download it for free at: Adobe Acrobat Reader.
[xlsx] - Some links on this page are to .xlsx files. If you need these files in a more accessible format, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. XLSX files require the use of Microsoft Excel software to open them.